GoFundMe: “The world lost two beautiful souls, and leaves two amazing girls without parents. It is with great sorrow and heavy hearts that we begin to mourn the loss of Grace & Greg Ammen.”

Screenshot via GoFundMe

A San Francisco Bay Area mother and father were killed in a fiery traffic collision in Redwood City on Nov. 4, officials said.

Grace Spiridon, 42, and Greg Ammen, 44, were in the car with their 7-year-old twin girls. The girls both survived the incident and were treated for minor injuries at Stanford Hospital, according to the Redwood City Pulse.

“The world lost two beautiful souls, and leaves two amazing girls without parents,” a GoFundMe campaign said. “Nothing mattered more to them than Madison and Olivia. The girls, sadly, will need a lifetime of support and love from Grace & Greg’s community.”

“This was a tragic event for all involved,” Redwood City Mayor Giselle Hale said in a statement. “On behalf of the Redwood City City Council, we extend our deepest sympathies to the two young children who tragically lost their parents.”

The collision occurred Friday evening near El Camino Real and Finger Avenue, the Redwood City Police Department said. Officers responding to the incident found two cars on the sidewalk with extensive damage. Spiridon and Ammen’s car was on fire, and police put out flames with extinguishers, the department said. The couple was located in the car and pronounced dead at the scene.

A 17-year-old driver was in the other car along with two other passengers. They were all transported to a local hospital with non-life-threatening injuries, police said. 

“This remains a very active, ongoing investigation and more information will be released as soon as it is available,” Redwood City Police Chief Dan Mulholland said in a statement. “There are no words to express the magnitude of this loss. We are all mourning this tragedy together.”

Spiridon and Ammen grew up in Palo Alto, met in middle school and were high school sweethearts, according to the report in the Pulse.

The Redwood City Police Department wasn’t immediately available for comment.